PAST CERTIFIED TRAINING
Blockchain For Financial Institutions
19 SEPTEMBER 2018 | DOHA, QATAR
Blockchain technology is challenging traditional players and forcing them to re-examine their role in the payment ecosystem as the threat of disintermediation in the financial industry is both real and imminent.
Distributed ledgers, or blockchains, have the potential to significantly impact business models, reductions in risk and savings of cost and capital.
The Blockchain for Financial Institutions course provides an insight into the differences between private and public blockchains and where the value of each lies for the user and organizations. The course discusses alternatives to the bitcoin blockchain such as Ripple, Hyperledger, Ethereum and Distributed Ledger Technology such as R3’s, Corda.
The course provides information on what financial institutions are currently doing with this technology and the possible use cases & case studies of this innovative technology specifically for financial institutions.
Masterclass will focus on:
- Centralized vs. Decentralized Blockchains
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Use Cases and Opportunities for Financial Institutions
- Use Cases and Opportunities for Non-Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Experimenting with Blockchain Technology
- Bitcoin Compliance & Regulation